10.11.2010

Discovery and Innovation

Imagine this scenario:
You're running late home from class or work, or wherever you may be coming from, and you have a party to go to tonight, or a party to prepare for, at your own home this evening. But you don't know what to take to this party, or how to decorate your house for your own party. What do you do?

Well women in today's day and age are more likely to turn to the Internet for ideas over anything else. What a better place to turn, then somewhere that inspires you in all of those areas! A One-Stop-Shop, so to speak!

I wanted to start off this blog introducing myself as a way for the readers and followers to understand why I'm doing this blog.

I'm a college student, getting ready to graduate with my several degrees and move on with my life and start a career for two great companies joining together to make one great blog. The Food Network Channel and  Home Magazine, have come together to create a perfect combination of decorum and cooking. For women like me who are the majority readers and watchers of these companies are in a time in life where they are starting to become interested in cooking and baking and cool new ways to decorate their home with out spending a fortune. Well that's where I am. When i graduate in May, I move to a new phase of life where I have my own home to make mine. My own kitchen to cook in, my own living and dining rooms to entertain in, and my whole new house to decorate however I want. Over the years I have become a little Susie Homemaker! I think part of it is just growing up, and part of it is thinking about getting married soon, and starting a family. This is what Home Magazine, and The Food Network Channel are for -- for these types of women!

These are the things that encouraged me to develope the idea of blogging more detailed information about the Home Magazine articles, and The Food Network Channel with those women who are in my similar shoes; and those women like my mother who have been doing these things for so long, that they just want to change things up and bit and introduce new creativity and excitement into their kitchens and homes.

So, for you readers:
Have you ever wanted a new recipe for a great new dessert or appetizer to take to a get together with friends, but you have no new recipes left in your recipe box? Have you ever wanted to decorate your home for the summer, or for Christmas but are the not the most creative person?? Well that's where I'm here to help you.

As I go from the life of a college student under mommy and daddy's bank account, to a full blown career and life on my own bank account, I will be scrap booking my new innovative ideas for food, and decorating my home for the current season. This is what I like to call Delicacies and Decor - The inspiration to the name of this blog.

I hope you enjoy these fun tips, tricks, and tell all sessions, as I invite you into my ever changing life for new ideas for your creative side to spin off of!

xoxo,
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment