10.18.2010

The Smell of Fall is Here!!

It's that time of year already, where the weather starts to change, and so does the artwork of nature. If you're lucky like me you get to experience fall weather in it's entirety. It's still warm, with a cool fall breeze, and all of the leaves are orange, red, and yellow at this point, within the beautiful mountain ranges surrounding my city. The smell of fall weather, and delicious fall food is something I can not wait for every year! It seemed to creep up on me alot faster this year though, and I'm finding myself frantic to get in the seasonal spirit before I miss out on this beautiful time of year!!!

Fall is fun in that you get to decorate with warm colors, and natural earthly products like hay, and pumpkins, and gourds, etc.

I am quite behind on my decorating but here are some ideas to get you started. Things you can do so easily in your own home that dont cost you your leg!

Make fall decorating a fun event for you and your friends and family. Go to a pumpkin patch a pick your own pumpkins!! They really can go a long way!

Take a shelf thats prominent in your house, and cover them with those pumpkins you picked!



This is an easy, low cost way of bringing the beauty of fall - inside!


My next suggestion is taking items in your house that you use all the time plus a couple seasonal items -  and mixing them to create fun fall center pieces for your table or counter top! These are fun things you can put together that are cute and not time consuming! :)



It's colorful, easy, and festive!
Take a couple different jars and vases, putting in them candy corns, and acorns and pine cones you pick from your backyard! Add a couple little pumpkins, and a few leaves from your backyard and you have yourself a homemade center piece that your friends will be ooing about!!

Take time today to decorate!!!

Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment